what if harry had been sorted into slytherin though
- sarcastic bastard and no need to pretend otherwise
- learning the names of people outside your immediate circle of friends??? please
- usually overdramatic, sometimes morally grey
- sirius having to deal with the fact that his godson is a slytherin. a slytherin. james potter’s son is in slytherin. remus can you believe this
- bezzies-by-circumstance with draco malfoy with all the highlights including a) earth-shattering fights, b) someone brazen enough to curb draco’s nastiness, and c) someone unimpressed enough to tell harry to get a fucking grip and stop being so self-righteous all the time potter you frilly whingebag
- (and a friendship with harry/draco reluctantly getting roped into his cause could have changed a whole buncha shit for the malfoys and all that Malfoy Joins the Order With Snape fic of ‘03-‘05 could have come true)
- speaking of, a head of house/student relationship with snape might have saved his character from being entirely reprehensible
- challenging the wizarding public’s views of slytherin house by pitting their ridiculous prejudices against their blind all-consuming love for/faith in harry
- quirrell was a ravenclaw and wormtail was a gryffindor [insert harry’s sarcastic one-liner about all the witches and wizards who went bad being in slytherin here]
- jkr putting her money where her mouth is re: “we’ve all got both light and dark inside us, it’s our choices who make us who we truly are” by putting the boy who lived and eventual saviour of the wizarding world in the ~evil house~
- or even better she could have established slytherin as the ~evil house~ and then dismantled that completely by showing harry surrounded by loving, caring people forced to choose between standing beside their friend harry or supporting voldemort’s/their parents’ cause
- harry’s group of friends torn in two by their parents’ ideology and their loyalty to harry and what they’ve seen to be true while sharing a home with hundreds of halfbloods and muggleborns
- and then members of slytherin house fighting tooth and nail against the people who raised them because harry potter just has that effect on people
- all resulting in an eventual about-face in people’s attitudes towards slytherins
- and when harry has kids they’re proud at the thought of being sorted into slytherin house because their dad was a slytherin and he saved the fucking world
Birds Of A Feather | by Claire Rosen.
A brilliant live portrait series by Claire Rosen featuring vintage wallpaper backdrops to accentuate and highlight the colors of each bird, which range from the common Parakeet to the exotic Hyacinth Macaw.
As seen on: Honestly WTF.
I love video games because you’re always on an important quest that is very time limited but you can dick around places for as long as you want like yeah sure my sister has been kidnapped but I need to spend three hours exploring this dungeon to make sure I don’t miss any treasure
“Hey! Rin-chan does that all the time, doesn’t he? Is that for good luck too?”
"No… it’s just me copying Rin-senpai."
but then momo thought it was a giant sleepover and invited himself over too
Hey… is that you? Oh… look at you. You’re alive. Me, I’m not so sure. Could use your help. I know this looks bad. Hey, say something already… Say something, will you?!
smoo told me to draw zutara week stuff so instead i drew some modern au gaang. sorry for my shitty handwriting.
Percy Weasley is the most underrated character ever okay like
He’s belittled by everyone in his family and all their friends
He’s the only one we see get a job and actively contribute to the household besides Arthur (Bill and Charlie left, Molly does who knows what)
Is not, in fact, a snob; on several occasions he tries to engage in conversations with his family, who repeatedly shut him down or tune him out because he’s not ‘interesting enough’
Puts up with a horrible boss and the fact that he’s basically invisible to everyone
Had the courage to leave a bad family situation, and then return to that family in their time of need
But because he made the insane and unthinkable decision to trust the government, he’s a terrible person, less redeemable then the 85 percent of the Wizarding world that also believed their government??
Idk, I just think tumblr would have more sympathy for an emotionally neglected, outcast nerd is all